Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Has your smile lost its sparkle? Teeth whitening offered by your dentist in Federal Way, WA, Dr. Todd Yoshino, offers an excellent solution for your dull smile.
Who can benefit from teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening can be a good choice if:
- You're unhappy with your appearance: When your teeth are dull or discolored, it's difficult to feel confident about the way you look. Teeth whitening breaks up stains caused by foods, beverages and smoking, leaving your teeth as much as eight shades whiter.
- You want to look younger: Whiter teeth are associated with a more youthful appearance. When your smile is bright and white, people are less likely to notice wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Your teeth are in good condition: Your teeth and gums must be healthy if you're considering teeth whitening. Cavities, gum disease and other dental health issues must be treated before you can schedule your whitening appointment.
- Over-the-counter products haven't been helpful: Drugstore whitening products can take a long time to work - if they work at all. Some products can actually make the problem worse if they wear away the enamel layer of teeth and expose the darker dentin layer. Professional-strength whitening gel used by the Federal Way dental office contains a stronger formulation of hydrogen peroxide, the ingredient that removes stains.
- You want quick results: Whitening only takes about an hour at the dentist's office and offers a dramatic smile transformation.
- You like options: If in-office whitening isn't convenient, a take-home kit may be a better choice for you. You'll be given trays and a supply of whitening gel if you choose this option. At-home whitening usually requires using the kits several times a week for two or three weeks.
- You prefer a long-lasting whitening method: Your whitening results will last several years. Limiting darkly colored foods and beverages and quitting smoking will help you extend your results.
Are you ready to try teeth whitening? Call your dentist in Federal Way, WA Dr. Yoshino, at (253) 815-0441 to schedule your appointment.
Find out what makes someone an ideal candidate for Invisalign treatment.
You’re ready to finally fix your misaligned or crooked smile but you’re feeling a little nervous to pull the trigger and just say “yes” to getting braces. This is common, especially with older patients who want beautiful results but don’t relish the idea of having to wear braces for months or years. Fortunately, our Federal Way, WA, dentist Dr. Todd Yoshino offers Invisalign for teen and adult patients looking for a more discreet way to achieve a straighter smile.
You may be a candidate for Invisalign if,
You are looking for a subtle treatment option
Invisalign, just as the name suggests, is a nearly invisible type of braces. Instead of brackets and wires like traditional braces, Invisalign uses a series of clear, custom-fitted aligners, which fit over your teeth like whitening trays. These transparent aligners fit firmly against the teeth, making them less visible when smiling or talking.
You want removable braces
Each set of aligners should be worn about 22 hours out of the day. It should go without saying that the more you wear them the faster you’ll see results; however, you can and should remove your aligners prior to eating or drinking (except water), or before brushing and flossing your teeth. Since aligners can be removed you don’t have to worry about feeling self-conscious before an important occasion. Just remember to pop your aligners back in immediately after.
You want fast results
Many adults who choose to get Invisalign to see results in as little as a few months with the average length of treatment being about one year. This is one of the fastest and most effective ways to get a straighter smile. Obviously more minor issues may be fixed in a matter of months. Your approximate length of treatment is something that we can discuss further during your treatment-planning appointment.
You want to fix mild to moderate dental problems
Invisalign can handle a wide range of dental issues and so you may be in luck in you are hoping to treat,
- Open bites
- Gaps between teeth
Still wondering whether or not you could benefit from getting Invisalign? Try Invisalign’s free and quick online smile assessment test to see if you may be a candidate. Of course, the best way to find out is to consult with our Federal Way, WA, family dentist. A simple consultation is all that’s needed to determine if you could benefit from Invisalign.
Due to the current situation, our Federal Way, WA, Dr. Todd Yoshino and his team are only handling dental emergencies at this time. All elective dental care has been postponed until at least May 18th. If you have an appointment coming up soon, we would be happy to reschedule it for you. For all dental emergencies please call (253) 815-0441.
Is your smile less than perfect? Dental crowns offered by your Federal Way, WA, dentist, Dr. Todd Yoshino, can improve the function and appearance of your teeth—read on to learn more.
What are dental crowns?
Dental crowns are hollow restorations designed to slip over the top parts of your teeth. Before you receive a crown, your dentist must file your tooth to reduce its size. This step ensures a comfortable fit for your restoration.
Crowns are made of a variety of materials tough enough to stand up to years of wear-and-tear, including porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic, and resin. The restorations are attached with dental cement and become a permanent part of your smile.
How can a dental crown improve my smile?
Dental crowns offer several important smile benefits for Federal Way residents, including:
- Protection for Fragile Teeth: Weak or cracked teeth are at increased risk of fracture. Fractures can happen without warning one day when you take a bite of an apple or chew a piece of pizza. Crowns strengthen fragile teeth and absorb the biting forces generated when you chew.
- Restoration of Damaged Teeth: Broken teeth are not only unsightly but also make it difficult to chew and bite. Depending on where the break occurs, the teeth can also be quite painful if the broken ends are exposed to the air. Crowns end your pain and restore the normal appearance of damaged teeth. In fact, no one will ever know that you once had a broken tooth.
- Enhanced Appearance: Crowns can completely change the appearance of unattractive teeth, making them a good choice if you have a crooked or oddly shaped tooth or want to conceal discolorations.
- Replacement of Missing Teeth: Crowns are used in dental implants and bridges to fill gaps in your smile caused by missing teeth. In dental implants, crowns are attached to synthetic posts that serve as artificial tooth roots. Crowns are also attached to one or two artificial teeth to anchor a bridge in place.
Make over your smile with dental crowns. Contact your dentist in Federal Way, WA, Dr. Yoshino, at (253) 815-0441 to schedule an appointment.
Unhappy with the state of your faded smile? Good news—professional teeth whitening can erase dental stains and provide you with a beautiful look in no time! Here at the Federal Way, WA, office of dentist Dr. Todd Yoshino, we offer these professional solutions to patients who want a whiter smile. Read on to learn about two teeth whitening procedures and their benefits.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-Office bleaching is a revolutionary dental procedure that uses a strong bleaching gel and a special light to intensify the whitening process. The procedure takes about one hour, and it begins with a preparation period followed by the one-hour whitening procedure, and, finally, a fluoride treatment to complete the process. In-office bleaching can whiten your teeth by up to 8 shades.
Benefits of In-Office Whitening
In-office Whitening is effective, safe, and quick, making it a great choice for busy people.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
Professional take-home whitening treatments are dispensed by licensed dentists. Some take-home treatments involve wearing mouth trays during the day. Other take-home-treatments let you whiten your teeth overnight as you sleep. Regardless of the administration method, this treatment option provides fabulous results in one or two weeks of use.
Benefits of Take-Home Whitening
Professional take-home whitening kits allow people to get professional results at their convenience in a safe and effective way. These treatments are designed to whiten your teeth with little-to-no sensitivity. Every take-home formula is made of a blend of ingredients that helps protect enamel and reduce sensitivity. Consult with a dentist in Federal Way, WA, to find out if teeth whitening is right for you.
Interested? Contact Us
Get the white smile you've been wanting! Call Dr. Todd Yoshino DDS at (253) 815-0441 today to schedule an appointment for a teeth whitening session in Federal Way, WA. You deserve a smile you truly love!
Are you an adult who is wondering if it’s too late to get a straight smile? With unique and clear orthodontic options now available, our Federal Way, WA, dentist, Dr. Todd Yoshino, can treat patients of all ages who want to fix their crooked smiles—no matter their age. Here are the most frequently asked questions about Invisalign:
What is Invisalign and how does it work?
Just as the name suggests, Invisalign offers a nearly invisible way to achieve a straight smile. Using special 3D computer technology, our Federal Way, WA, general dentist will plan out your entire treatment to determine everything from the initial position of your teeth to their final resting spots. Using a set of aligning trays custom-made to fit over your teeth, each tray applies the appropriate amount of pressure to shift teeth gradually into the perfect final position.
What problems can Invisalign fix?
Invisalign may be right for you if you are dealing with,
- Overlapping teeth
- Slightly twisted or crooked teeth
- Open bites
However, there are limitations, and Invisalign may not be able to handle more complex or complicated tooth or jaw movements. This is something you can discuss with our dentist.
How long will I have to wear my aligners each day?
In order to see results, it’s important that you wear your aligners as much as you can throughout the day, only removing them to brush, floss, and eat. This should equate to wearing your aligners for about 22 hours out of the day. Remember, the more often you wear them the faster you will see results!
What is the average length of treatment for Invisalign wearers?
This will depend on the severity of the problem that you are treating. Some patients may see results in as little as 6 months while others may need to wear their aligners for 18-24 months. The average length of treatment for an adult who gets Invisalign is one year.
Who is a good candidate for Invisalign?
Most adults and older teens who are dealing with the problems above can be great candidates for Invisalign. Of course, our Federal Way, WA, dentist will need to properly examine your teeth in order to determine whether Invisalign is truly the best orthodontic approach for you.
Give us a call!
Are you interested in undergoing Invisalign treatment in Federal Way, WA? If so, then call our dental practice today at (253) 815-0441 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Yoshino.