It is no longer necessary to settle for an imperfect smile. Cosmetic dentistry’s rise in popularity in recent years has made the coveted Hollywood grin more accessible than ever. But which cosmetic dentistry procedure is best for your situation? Find out more with help from your Federal Way, WA dentist Dr. Todd Toshino.
There are countless cosmetic dentistry procedures. Your dentist can help you determine which one is best for you. Some popular procedures include:
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening is one of the fastest and most effective ways to transform your smile. With the quality of the materials used, your dentist can lift the color of your teeth up to ten shades in a single, hour-long whitening session.
- Orthodontic treatment: Traditional metal braces have long since been the standard for straightening teeth and correcting bite issues. However, this is no longer the case. With more discreet options like clear braces or Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth without the world knowing.
- Bonding: Bonding uses composite resin materials to repair small imperfections in the teeth, such as small gaps, chips or cracks. This procedure usually goes hand-in-hand with teeth contouring.
- Contouring/Reshaping: If you have one tooth that is longer than the others or the bottom edge of your tooth is uneven, contouring and reshaping might be right for you. In this very fast and effective procedure, your Federal Way dentist uses a dental drill to reshape and contour the tooth.
- Dental Implants: Regardless if you are missing one or many teeth, dental implants can fill in your gaps. A tiny post called a fixture implanted into the jawbone below a missing tooth replaces the tooth’s root. A prosthetic tooth attached to the fixture allows the patient to eat, drink and speak properly and naturally. Dental implants are the most permanent and effective tooth replacement option.
- Veneers: Veneers are a wafer-thin shell made from porcelain which attaches to the front of the tooth. This masks imperfections like staining or yellowing, chips, cracks, gaps and even mild cases of overcrowding. Veneers also correct tooth length and width and make the teeth more uniform in appearance.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry procedures, please contact Dr. Yoshino, DDS in Federal Way, WA. Call (253) 815-0441 to speak with an associate about scheduling your appointment for a consultation today!