Has your smile lost its sparkle? Teeth whitening offered by your dentist in Federal Way, WA, Dr. Todd Yoshino, offers an excellent solution for your dull smile.
Who can benefit from teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening can be a good choice if:
- You're unhappy with your appearance: When your teeth are dull or discolored, it's difficult to feel confident about the way you look. Teeth whitening breaks up stains caused by foods, beverages and smoking, leaving your teeth as much as eight shades whiter.
- You want to look younger: Whiter teeth are associated with a more youthful appearance. When your smile is bright and white, people are less likely to notice wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Your teeth are in good condition: Your teeth and gums must be healthy if you're considering teeth whitening. Cavities, gum disease and other dental health issues must be treated before you can schedule your whitening appointment.
- Over-the-counter products haven't been helpful: Drugstore whitening products can take a long time to work - if they work at all. Some products can actually make the problem worse if they wear away the enamel layer of teeth and expose the darker dentin layer. Professional-strength whitening gel used by the Federal Way dental office contains a stronger formulation of hydrogen peroxide, the ingredient that removes stains.
- You want quick results: Whitening only takes about an hour at the dentist's office and offers a dramatic smile transformation.
- You like options: If in-office whitening isn't convenient, a take-home kit may be a better choice for you. You'll be given trays and a supply of whitening gel if you choose this option. At-home whitening usually requires using the kits several times a week for two or three weeks.
- You prefer a long-lasting whitening method: Your whitening results will last several years. Limiting darkly colored foods and beverages and quitting smoking will help you extend your results.
Are you ready to try teeth whitening? Call your dentist in Federal Way, WA Dr. Yoshino, at (253) 815-0441 to schedule your appointment.