The main purpose of dental fillings is restoring a damaged or decayed tooth to its natural and healthy state. Basically, a dental filling procedure involves the extraction of the decayed tooth material, cleaning of the affected area, and placement of the filling material. Besides treating tooth decay, here at Todd G. Yoshino DDS in Federal Way, WA, your dentist Dr. Todd Yoshino, likewise use filings to treat broken, cracked, or worn down teeth.
What Types of Dental Fillings are Available?
Dental fillings come in a range of materials such as the following:
- Porcelain Fillings: They can appear as the same color as your natural teeth and don’t stain easily.
- Composite or Plastic Resins: These could last up to a decade and match the color of your real teeth.
Your dentist in Federal Way, WA, will be the one to determine which filling material is most ideal for your affected tooth.
What Benefits Do Dental Fillings Offer?
Apart from the fact that dental fillings can repair cavity-stricken teeth, they can likewise offer the following:
- Short and uncomplicated procedure. If only one of your teeth is afflicted by tooth decay, treatment can typically be finished within an hour.
- They could last long. Fillings could last you many years when cared for and maintained properly. Additionally, fillings these days are incredibly resistant to corrosion.
- They can whiten your teeth. In some cases, dental fillings can also be used to help lighten discolored teeth that have been spoiled by frequent exposure to dark-colored beverages, sugary foods, as well as teeth that don’t respond to bleaching. Habits such as grinding your teeth could likewise cause discoloration.
- They can enhance your oral health. Since dental fillings can successfully rid you of tooth decay and fix damaged teeth, these treated teeth will be fortified and protected.
- Improved oral ability. Tooth decay or damage could easily cause pain and discomfort when you chew or eat. Getting dental fillings can help effectively solve this issue.
To Learn More About Dental Fillings, Talk to Us
Call (253) 815-0441 to arrange an assessment with your dentist Dr. Todd Yoshino in Federal Way, WA.