Posts for tag: teeth whitening
Has your smile lost its sparkle? Teeth whitening offered by your dentist in Federal Way, WA, Dr. Todd Yoshino, offers an excellent solution for your dull smile.
Who can benefit from teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening can be a good choice if:
- You're unhappy with your appearance: When your teeth are dull or discolored, it's difficult to feel confident about the way you look. Teeth whitening breaks up stains caused by foods, beverages and smoking, leaving your teeth as much as eight shades whiter.
- You want to look younger: Whiter teeth are associated with a more youthful appearance. When your smile is bright and white, people are less likely to notice wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Your teeth are in good condition: Your teeth and gums must be healthy if you're considering teeth whitening. Cavities, gum disease and other dental health issues must be treated before you can schedule your whitening appointment.
- Over-the-counter products haven't been helpful: Drugstore whitening products can take a long time to work - if they work at all. Some products can actually make the problem worse if they wear away the enamel layer of teeth and expose the darker dentin layer. Professional-strength whitening gel used by the Federal Way dental office contains a stronger formulation of hydrogen peroxide, the ingredient that removes stains.
- You want quick results: Whitening only takes about an hour at the dentist's office and offers a dramatic smile transformation.
- You like options: If in-office whitening isn't convenient, a take-home kit may be a better choice for you. You'll be given trays and a supply of whitening gel if you choose this option. At-home whitening usually requires using the kits several times a week for two or three weeks.
- You prefer a long-lasting whitening method: Your whitening results will last several years. Limiting darkly colored foods and beverages and quitting smoking will help you extend your results.
Are you ready to try teeth whitening? Call your dentist in Federal Way, WA Dr. Yoshino, at (253) 815-0441 to schedule your appointment.
Unhappy with the state of your faded smile? Good news—professional teeth whitening can erase dental stains and provide you with a beautiful look in no time! Here at the Federal Way, WA, office of dentist Dr. Todd Yoshino, we offer these professional solutions to patients who want a whiter smile. Read on to learn about two teeth whitening procedures and their benefits.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-Office bleaching is a revolutionary dental procedure that uses a strong bleaching gel and a special light to intensify the whitening process. The procedure takes about one hour, and it begins with a preparation period followed by the one-hour whitening procedure, and, finally, a fluoride treatment to complete the process. In-office bleaching can whiten your teeth by up to 8 shades.
Benefits of In-Office Whitening
In-office Whitening is effective, safe, and quick, making it a great choice for busy people.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
Professional take-home whitening treatments are dispensed by licensed dentists. Some take-home treatments involve wearing mouth trays during the day. Other take-home-treatments let you whiten your teeth overnight as you sleep. Regardless of the administration method, this treatment option provides fabulous results in one or two weeks of use.
Benefits of Take-Home Whitening
Professional take-home whitening kits allow people to get professional results at their convenience in a safe and effective way. These treatments are designed to whiten your teeth with little-to-no sensitivity. Every take-home formula is made of a blend of ingredients that helps protect enamel and reduce sensitivity. Consult with a dentist in Federal Way, WA, to find out if teeth whitening is right for you.
Interested? Contact Us
Get the white smile you've been wanting! Call Dr. Todd Yoshino DDS at (253) 815-0441 today to schedule an appointment for a teeth whitening session in Federal Way, WA. You deserve a smile you truly love!
Academy Award-winning actress Kathy Bates knows how important it is to present your best face to the world — and one of the most important features of that face is a beaming smile. But there came a point when she noticed something was a little off. “I've always had good teeth, but it seemed to me as I was getting older that they weren't looking as good,” Kathy explained in a recent interview with Dear Doctor magazine.
That's when she decided it was time to take action. Kathy had orthodontic treatment when she was in her fifties, and she keeps her smile bright with tooth whitening treatments. She uses a kit provided by her dentist with a safe, effective whitening solution.
Of course, a bright, healthy smile looks great anywhere — whether you're on the red carpet or “off the grid.” And you don't have to be a Hollywood star to have professional whitening treatments. In fact, teeth whitening is one of the most popular and affordable cosmetic treatments modern dentistry offers.
The basic options for professional teeth whitening include in-office bleaching or take-home kits. Both types of dentist-supervised treatments offer a safe and effective means of getting a brighter smile; the main difference is how long they take to produce results. A single one-hour treatment in the office can make your teeth up to ten shades lighter — a big difference! To get that same lightening with at-home trays, it would take several days. On the plus side, the take-home kit is less expensive, and can achieve the same results in a bit more time.
It's important to note that not all teeth can be whitened with these treatments. Some teeth have intrinsic (internal) stains that aren't affected by external agents like bleaches. Also, teeth that have been restored (with bonding or veneers, for example) generally won't change color. And you can't necessarily whiten your teeth to any degree: Every tooth has a maximum whiteness, and adding more bleach won't lighten it beyond that level. Most people, however, find that teeth whitening treatments produce noticeable and pleasing results.
What about those off-the-shelf kits or in-the-mall kiosks? They might work… or they might not. But one thing's for sure: Without a dentist's supervision, you're on your own. That's the main reason why you should go with a pro if you're considering teeth whitening. We not only ensure that your treatment is safe — we can also give you a realistic idea of what results to expect, and we will make sure that other dental problems aren't keeping you from having a great-looking smile.
How often does Kathy Bates see her dentist for a checkup and cleaning? “I go about every four months,” she noted. “I'm pretty careful about it.” And if you've seen her smile, you can tell that it pays off. If you would like more information about teeth whitening, please contact us or schedule an appointment. You can learn more in the Dear Doctor magazine articles “Important Teeth Whitening Questions Answered” and “Teeth Whitening.”
Learn more about cosmetic dentistry from your Federal Way dentist.
There's no reason to put up with a smile you don't like. Thanks to cosmetic dentistry treatments, you can easily correct flaws and restore damaged teeth. Dr. Todd Yoshino, your Federal Way, WA cosmetic dentist, shares some information on a few treatments that may interest you.
Porcelain veneers may be thin, but they offer a very effective way to change the appearance of your teeth. The shells are no thicker than a fingernail and are attached to the front surfaces of teeth. Whether you're concerned about chips, gaps or stains, want to make a crooked tooth look straight or want a long-lasting tooth whitening option, veneers are a good choice.
You're never too old to benefit from braces, but you may not want to live with a mouthful of metal for a year or two. When you choose the Invisalign brace system, you can forget about the metal. The system uses a series of clear, removable aligner trays to straighten your teeth. The trays are replaced every two weeks and are removed when you eat.
Teeth whitening offers an instant boost to your self-esteem. In-office whitening only takes about one hour and can lighten your teeth three to eight shades. Take-home kits are also available if you prefer. They offer the same results, although you'll need to use these kits for a few weeks.
Composite resin bonding is used to repair damage, lengthen teeth, close gaps, correct flaws or even change the shape of your teeth. The soft material can be manipulated into any shape, making it the ideal choice for many cosmetic issues. Once it's hardened with a special curing light, it bonds to your enamel.
Crowns and bridges
Crowns provide a protective covering for damaged teeth and also improve the appearance of teeth. These dental restorations slip over your teeth, providing protection on all four sides. When crowns are attached to artificial teeth, they form a bridge that replaces missing teeth.
Bridges aren't the only tooth replacement option. If you prefer a more permanent solution, you'll want to consider dental implants. Implants bond to your jawbone and replace tooth roots.
Improve your smile with cosmetic dentistry! Call Dr. Yoshino, your Federal Way, WA dentist, at (253) 815-0441 to schedule your appointment.
It is no longer necessary to settle for an imperfect smile. Cosmetic dentistry’s rise in popularity in recent years has made the coveted Hollywood grin more accessible than ever. But which cosmetic dentistry procedure is best for your situation? Find out more with help from your Federal Way, WA dentist Dr. Todd Toshino.
There are countless cosmetic dentistry procedures. Your dentist can help you determine which one is best for you. Some popular procedures include:
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening is one of the fastest and most effective ways to transform your smile. With the quality of the materials used, your dentist can lift the color of your teeth up to ten shades in a single, hour-long whitening session.
- Orthodontic treatment: Traditional metal braces have long since been the standard for straightening teeth and correcting bite issues. However, this is no longer the case. With more discreet options like clear braces or Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth without the world knowing.
- Bonding: Bonding uses composite resin materials to repair small imperfections in the teeth, such as small gaps, chips or cracks. This procedure usually goes hand-in-hand with teeth contouring.
- Contouring/Reshaping: If you have one tooth that is longer than the others or the bottom edge of your tooth is uneven, contouring and reshaping might be right for you. In this very fast and effective procedure, your Federal Way dentist uses a dental drill to reshape and contour the tooth.
- Dental Implants: Regardless if you are missing one or many teeth, dental implants can fill in your gaps. A tiny post called a fixture implanted into the jawbone below a missing tooth replaces the tooth’s root. A prosthetic tooth attached to the fixture allows the patient to eat, drink and speak properly and naturally. Dental implants are the most permanent and effective tooth replacement option.
- Veneers: Veneers are a wafer-thin shell made from porcelain which attaches to the front of the tooth. This masks imperfections like staining or yellowing, chips, cracks, gaps and even mild cases of overcrowding. Veneers also correct tooth length and width and make the teeth more uniform in appearance.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry procedures, please contact Dr. Yoshino, DDS in Federal Way, WA. Call (253) 815-0441 to speak with an associate about scheduling your appointment for a consultation today!